How We Can Help
FIND YOUR LOCAL WORKSHOP
Enter your postcode below to locate your nearest Natrad location.
- How often do I need to change my air filter?
Air filters typically last for quite a long time, although depends on your vehicle and driving conditions. If you do a lot of driving on unsealed roads or in other conditions where the air is quite dirty, you may need to change your air filter more frequently.
Check your vehicle’s manual to see how often the manufacturer recommends changing your air filter or you can check with your local Natrad technicians.
- What are the symptoms of a bad air filter?
If your car’s air filter is playing up, you’ll know. Signs and symptoms of a bad car air filter include:
- Strange noises coming from the engine
- Black smoke or flames in the exhaust
- Decreased performance
- Decreased fuel efficiency
- Dirty looking air filters
- Check engine light comes on
If you notice any of the above, get in touch with an automotive specialist straight away.
- How do I know if there's a problem with my air filter?
A dirty air filter will reduce the amount of air that reaches your engine. If you notice a lack of power when you accelerate hard or at high RPMs, this could mean you need to change your air filter. Reduced fuel economy can also be a sign that you need to change your air filter.
As always, if your vehicle gives you any warning lights, you should take it to a mechanic as soon as possible.
- Can a dirty air filter impact vehicle performance?
Yes, your engine needs air to burn fuel. When your air filter becomes dirty and clogged, less air reaches your engine and this reduces efficiency and power.
Got any questions about our heating and cooling services?
Ask us, and we'll get back to you soon.